Mailing Address: 179 Hwy 485, Natchitoches, LA 71457
The origins of the Church of St. Anne began when San Miguel de los Adais was founded by the Spanish Fransciscan Fathers in 1717 near Robeline, Louisiana. In 1721, Fort Los Adais was founded by the Spaniards to protect the Mission Church and strengthen the Spanish position against the French in Natchitoches, Louisiana, and served as the capitol of the Spanish Province of Texas for fifty years.
After Fort Adais was closed in 1773, the Church was moved to the Shamrock Community and from there to the site of the present cemetery, later to its present location in 1916.
The Church of St. Anne is the Mother Church of Caddo Adai Indians. This Church is listed on the National Register of Historical Places in 1994.