The Diocese of Alexandria today released the names of three additional clergy against whom there have been credible allegations of sexual abuse of minors.
Fr. Adrian Molenschot
- Allegations of sexual misconduct and abuse of male minors dating back to the 1960s were reported to the Diocese of Alexandria in February 2019.
- Fr. Molenschot died in December 1994
- The evidence was presented to the Permanent Review Board in May 2019 and the allegations were deemed credible.
Fr. Nino Viviano
- An allegation of sexual misconduct and abuse of a female minor dating back to the early 1960s was reported to the Diocese of Alexandria in February 2019.
- Fr. Viviano is currently 91 years of age and living in a nursing home in Florida. He retired in 1998 and his facilities for ministry were not extended to him since that time. Fr. Viviano is currently suffering from the advanced stages of dementia and was not capable of participating in the review of this most recent allegation.
- The evidence was presented to the Permanent Review Board in May 2019 and the allegation was deemed credible.
Fr. Yves Robitaille
- An allegation of sexual misconduct and abuse of a male minor dating back to the mid-1950s was reported to the Diocese of Alexandria in March 2019.
- Fr. Robitaille retired in May 1990 and died on July 27, 1998 at the age of 72.
- The evidence was presented to the Permanent Review Board in June 2019 and the allegation was deemed credible.
The Diocese of Alexandria pledges to provide updates to the list of credibly accused clergy as new information becomes available and as reported by authorities. We hope these updates provide healing and closure and show our commitment to transparency and accountability.
The individuals added to the list are not currently in active ministry and have not been for many years and the allegations were brought to our attention only recently. The entire list, including any updates will always be available on the diocesan website here: https://www.diocesealex.org/our-faith/healing/
If you suspect sexual abuse of a minor by a cleric or church worker or volunteer:
FIRST, call the Louisiana Child Abuse Hotline, 855-4LA-KIDS (855-452-5437) and/or your local law enforcement agency. THEN, call the diocesan Victims Assistance Coordinator, Dr. Lee Kneipp, Clinical Psychologist, (318) 542-9805.
Diocese of Alexandria Safe Environment policies and procedures: https://www.diocesealex.org/our-faith/safe-environment/