Kick off the charitable season on #GivingTuesday, November 29, with #iGiveCatholic – a crowdfunding event that brings the Catholic community together to give thanks and give back. The Diocese of Alexandria is joining the arch/dioceses and Catholic foundations across the country for the eighth annual #iGiveCatholic campaign this year. The #iGiveCatholic Giving Day is held annually on #GivingTuesday, a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and generosity.
This program was created by our neighbors in the Archdiocese of New Orleans, but has become popular throughout the country over the last few years, and we are excited to be a part of its succes.
Over the past several years, our Catholic community, despite COVID and other challenges, has embraced #iGiveCatholic and helped to raise funds to support our local Catholic church parishes, schools, and ministries. Despite many great challenges, together with the support of our community through #iGiveCatholic, we will be able to accomplish great things in our local community and beyond.
Last fall, 40 partnering dioceses and the National Catholic Education Association (NCEA) raised over $16.5 million for 2,600+ participating parishes, schools, and ministries.
This is an incredible opportunity for Catholic communities nationwide to unite to promote generosity and celebrate our Catholic heritage. Every donation makes an impact and has a positive effect on the life of the Church as a whole.
#iGiveCatholic is a very easy and safe way to donate, and help our schools and parishes accomplish their missions in spreading the Good News of Jesus. Individuals, families, community groups, businesses, and organizations are asked to get involved, ensuring the success of their favorite parish, school, or ministry by hosting and personalizing individual fundraising pages on behalf of their favorite organization, and/or by providing a gift that can be used to match other donations during the course of the event.
You can visit the #iGiveCatholic website at any time to view the countdown to the opening of the campaign. The Diocese of Alexandria is usually the first on the list, and from there it is easy to find the church parish, school, and/or ministry within our diocese that you would like to contribute to and support.
For more information about supporting the Diocese of Alexandria on November 29 for the #iGiveCatholic Giving Day, please visit the Diocese of Alexandria website at www.diocesealex.org, and share the link on Facebook.
We hope you’ll join us and “Give Catholic” to support your favorite parish, school, or ministry on November 29! If we all give a little, it will add up to a lot.
Churches, Schools, and Ministries participating in this year’s #iGiveCatholic campaign include:
• Sacred Heart School
• St. Mary’s Assumption School, Cottonport
• St. Anthony of Padua School, Bunkie
• St. Frances Cabrini School, Alexandria
• St. Joseph Elementary and High School, Plaucheville
• Holy Savior Menard High School
• Our Lady of Prompt Succor School, Alexandria
• Mary, Mother of Jesus Church, Woodworth
• Mater Dolorosa Church, Plaucheville
• Steubenville South Youth Conference
• St. Mary’s Church, Jena
• Seminarian Education
• St. Francis Xavier Cathedral
• Christ the King Church, Simmesport
• St. Rita Church, Alexandria
• St. Michael the Archangel Church, Leesville
• St. Joseph Church, Marksville
• Catholic Charities of Central Louisiana
• St. James Memorial Catholic Church, Alexandria
• Sacred Heart Church, Moreauville
• Our Lady of Sorrows Church, Moreauville
• Minor Basilica of the Immaculate Conception
• Sts. Francis and Anne Church, Kolin
Contact the individual church parish, school, or ministry
for more information on their specific needs.